St. Charles School District 303 was recently recognized for its exceptional communications efforts by the state’s school public relations association.
The Illinois Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association held its annual Communications Contest Awards Luncheon on Sept. 10, at which it recognized the top communications in the state. Professional school communicators from across the country judged the 158 submissions.
Each entry was evaluated by three judges against a rubric of excellence, with awards given to those that scored within the established ranges for merit and excellence.
Awards of Excellence
• Staff Appreciation Video Message from Dr. Pearson – (In-house Video Category) presented to Director of Communications Carol Smith and Communications Assistant Janelle Magana.
• March/April IASB Journal Article – Facility Master Plan Community Engagement (Writing Category) presented to Director of Communications Carol Smith.
• INSPRA President’s Speech delivered to membership – May 2021 (Writing Category) ) presented to Director of Communications Carol Smith.
Awards of Merit
• 2020-2021 Annual Report (Annual Report Category) presented to the Communications Team.
• Voices of D303 Podcast – A Conversation about Black History and Poetry (Podcast Category) presented to Superintendent Dr. Jason Pearson, Director of Communications Carol Smith and Wredling Middle School students Isabella Adriatico and Elin Foreman.
“We are proud to recognize the winners of the 2021 Communications Contest, who have gone above and beyond to ensure effective communications in the midst of a worldwide pandemic,” INSPRA President Alex Mayster said in a news release from St. Charles School District. “The roles of school communicators have been magnified since the onset of COVID-19, and our contest winners have continued to move forward and, at times, reimagine the way communication looks to ensure their school communities are well-informed. I am so proud of the award-winning work created by our outstanding school communicators across the state of Illinois.”
The complete list of 2021 INSPRA Communications Contest winners can be viewed at inspra.org.
Source: The Daily Chronicle