A La Salle County man in his 80s died from complications related to COVID-19.
His death is the 254th COVID related death in La Salle County since the beginning of the pandemic.
There were 33 additional cases of the virus Sunday and 26 more people were removed from isolation. There have been 9,858 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and of those, 6,777 have been removed from isolation.
Of 2,207 La Salle County residents tested Thursday, the latest data available from the Illinois Department of Public Health, 3.5% were returned positive with the virus. That is the second-best positivity rate in the past 10 days. From Jan. 15-21, the positivity rate has been 5.9%, which is the best seven-day positivity rate in the past 10 days.
In La Salle County, 7,240 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered, an increase of 156 from the previous day’s report, with 943 residents (0.86% of the population) fully vaccinated against the disease (up five from the previous day). Vaccine distribution figures are reported in real time while vaccine administration figures are reported with up to a 72-hour lag.
The IDPH’s ZIP code data (which sometimes lag behind county numbers) of total cases since the start of the pandemic, with increases since Saturday’s report, show:
- Ottawa is up 12 to 1,921.
- Sandwich, also is in DeKalb County, is up nine to 1,079.
- Streator, which also is in Livingston County, is up seven to 1,665.
- Peru is up four to 1,071.
- Mendota is up two to 1,061.
- Marseilles is up two to 650.
- Sheridan is up two to 587. (44 active cases in Sheridan Correctional Center; 363 total cases.)
- La Salle is up one to 945.
- Oglesby is up one to 407.
- Utica is up one to 162.
- Wenona, which also is in Marshall County, is up one to 91.
- Somonauk, which also is in DeKalb County, remains at 324.
- Seneca remains at 259.
- Earlville remains at 204.
- Leland remains at 148.
- Grand Ridge remains at 81.
- Tonica remains at 79.
- Lostant remains at 56.
- Serena remains at 51.
- Millington, which also is in Kendall County, remains at 45.
- Ransom remains at 34.
- Rutland remains at 23.
- Cedar Point remains at 22.
- Dana remains at 20.
- Troy Grove remains at 13.
A woman in her 80s, two men in their 60s, a woman in her 60s, a man in his 50s, two women in their 50s, four men in their 40s, four women in their 40s, four men in their 30s, two women in their 30s, three men in their 20s, four women in their 20s, two teenage boys, two teenage girls, and a boy younger than 13 make up the new cases Sunday.
Source: The Daily Chronicle