DEKALB — The NIU School of Theatre and Dance will present an evening of short plays by Ukrainian playwrights, on Sunday, April 3, to raise funds to benefit Ukrainian artists.
The event is part of The Ukranian Component of the World-Wide Reading Project, readings of brand-new plays about war-time Ukraine from The Theatre of Playwrights in Kyiv.
Admission is free, but donations will be accepted with 100% going to benefit Ukrainian artists..
Seven short plays will be performed starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Stevens Building’s O’Connell Theatre, located on the main NIU campus.
The plays include:
• A Dictionary of Emotions in Wartime –Yelena Astasyeva, tr. John Freedman
• In Darkness – Natalia Blok, tr. Daisy Hayes
• Our Children – Natasha Blok, tr. John Freedman and Natalia Bratus
• Peace and Tranquility – Andriy Bondarenko, tr. John Farndon
• A Sense of War (2022) – Yulia Gonchar, tr. John Farndon
• Pussycat for Memories about Darkness – Neda Nejdana
Take Out the Rubbish – Natalya Vorozhbyt, tr. Sasha Dugdale
Source: The Daily Chronicle