DeKalb County Rehab and Nursing Center reported its second and third cases of the novel coronavirus on Wednesday, after its first case was reported on May 15.
In a news release from DeKalb rehab administrator Steve Duchene sent Wednesday, two more cases were reported among employees. All three reported cases at the center have been in employees.
The first employee had been on home isolation since May 12 due to possible COVID-19 exposure. That employee did not participate in the mass testing on May 26 because they were isolating at home.
The second employee’s positive testing was confirmed from the May 26 mass testing and was reported to the facility Tuesday.
Only one of the two positive cases is a DeKalb County resident.
In addition to the May 26 testing, a second re-testing of the facilities residents and employees took place on June 1.
The news release did not indicate if the two new cases were counted among the 17 possible exposures the center reported.
In a release sent after the initial case was reported, the center staff said they remain focused on preventing the virus from entering the facility, and ongoing efforts remain, including continuing the no-visitor policy.
“The residents are being monitored closely,” the release said. “Our hard-working and dedicated staff are doing everything possible to ensure their health and safety. In turn, the administrative and management team are also doing everything possible to support the care of the residents but also to support our employees.
“We ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, knowing we have ample equipment, supplies and willingness with our workforce to see this through.”
Source: The Daily Chronicle
Be First to Comment